Article Submission Guidelines
One Step forward...
For you, a researcher writing a manuscript may seem a good way to promote yourself whether it’s a PhD degree or an application for research fund, a good research article listed on your resume will always create a good impression. But that is not how the advocates of science look at these articles. So before you embark on the road of writing a manuscript ask yourself that do you have something to say to an audience? If the answer to the question is ‘no’, better you should stop and think again. What a researcher is looking for in your work is originality and innovation that could add to their knowledge and have an immediate impact on the thinking and future of science as a whole.
Have You Decided Yet! Congratulations! Well since you are more determined now let’s move another step forward towards publishing your article. As a matter of utmost importance please ensure that you read all the guidelines and follow these with extreme caution.
For the ease of understanding; we are assuming that you are going to write a full article, however you can also submit review, popular and editorial articles as well as letters and short communications, we would also appreciate your efforts if you would like to send your comments as a reader of our journal and help us improve.
Submission of Article
The article of interest may vary from researcher to researcher or in broader terms readers may have different preference, but the importance of each article whether it is a full article, review or a short communication is equal; so before you start writing make yourself well versed with the guidelines of the type of article you wish to communicate. It is very important to choose the right type of article that suits your need and design a check list of the items that you feel are important like:
- Make sure you visit your journals web-page and browse for the Guideline, timeline and other information that you need.
- Is your article fall under the scope of the journal you have chosen?
- Is the publication option meeting your needs?
- Have you read and understood author guidelines?
- Ensure that you’re submitting your article to one journal at a time. International ethics standards suggest that you make sure that you’re following their guidelines which prohibit multiple submissions of an article at a time.
- Communicate with your co-authors and do not forget to credit them for their contributions.
- If you are writing you first article do not hesitate to ask your supervisor or colleaguesfor help.
- It is very important that the articles that you give in reference lead directly to the samearticle. Avoid any ambiguous words and check for redundancy.
- Reading some previously published articles will always help in constructing a goodarticle.
Type of contributions we expect from you
Center of Medical Knowledge Excellence has national and international journals that focuses on publication of original research work, review articles, short communication carried out globally. All contribution that you will make is refereed rigorously and selected on the basis of quality and originality of the work. The journal publishes the most significant new researches and review works in all areas pertaining to its scope, thus ensuring its scientific priority and significance. The type of articles that CMeKE look forward to receive is mainly an out-come of original research and the review articles that summarizes the state-of-the-art scenario of a specific research field pertaining to the focus and scope of Journals PUB and STM Journals. Other contributions include, research communications, and editorial letters.
TYPES OF ARTICLES WE ACCEPT FOR PUBLICATION
- When a researcher want to make their research available they do that by getting their work published in any Journal like Journal’s Pub etc. such articles fall under this category, that is the original research work that has not been published elsewhere is ideal for research article.
- A research article consists of a standard format that includes abstract, description of research, findings and conclusions that on a researcher has reached. Usually a research article is less than 5000 words and the abstract is not more than 250 words.
board of the journal; however unsolicited editorial articles are also considered
depending upon the topic and issue it deals with. Usually it is not more then 1500
Writing a scientific communication; be it research article or any other form of communication follows a rigid pattern or format that an author should follow. The format that you will follow with us is a result of the tedious process that focuses transfer of information between you and the scientific community. Here some changes you may notice in the heading or the typography of the article are made to suit the reading style of different readers and to ease the process of online publication of your article. We expect you to follow this guideline with caution, although we do know that you will take utmost care while writing the article but we still check for mistakes in formatting on our end and we would appreciate your effort if you have already followed the format. Here is a general format that an article follows:
Body of Text
The main objective of your title is enable the reader to decide in an instant whether they want to read your article or not, whether the article is relevant to their field of research. Title of your article should be simple, enticing and that it should state the content of the article clearly and in a precise manner. You should restrict your title to a maximum limit of 50 words. We would advise you to omit any ambiguous words and avoid unnecessary punctuation.
Comparative model of protein structure designed using atomic resolution model as a template for beta arrest in protein.
Such title written above can be misleading instead avoid unnecessary words and make the tittle more self-explanatory like:
Homology model or beta-arrest in protein
To summarize it
- Title should highlight the content of the manuscript
- Should not be more than 50 words
- Unambiguous and specific, avoid unnecessary words and punctuations.
- Enticing and should be able to draw the reader to itself
All the authors who have made a contribution to your research deserve to be credited for the work and the names should be listed in the same line separated by a comma. It is not necessary that the corresponding author should always be the first author, and the order of name may vary as per your convenience. But it is advised to highlight the name of the corresponding author with a star (Example: Abhishek Prasad*) so as to make it easy for the readers to identify the corresponding author. Correspondence should include Email address, Telephone and Postal address of which email and postal address are mandatory.
Affiliation or address
It is mandatory for you to include the affiliation or address(s) of the institute where the work
has been carried out
Homology model or beta-arrestin protein
Dr. Name used For example* Prof. (Dr.) Second name Used as Example
Bioinformatics example laboratory, University of Science and example study
Notice here the star is marked at the name of the corresponding author and the affiliation is written below the name of the author(s)
Abstract is one of the major components of your article and it should be able to define your research and should also give a brief account of your methodology adopted, results findings and conclusion that you came upon in your research. In short abstract describes your research in a fewer words. Usually we would advise you to restrict your abstract to 250 words and avoid the use of tables, figures or any other type of illustrations. References need not be mentioned in the abstract and make sure that it gives sufficient details to the reader.
Choosing the right keyword is very important as it will increase the chances of your article to be found, also the keywords should reflect your research and it would be an advantage if your keywords are already used in the title. Restrict your keywords to a minimum or 3 and a maximum or 7.
Background should be brief and should provide background of the research or study; it should also highlight the aim of the study or research. You should also state the relevant finding and results of others that you found challenging and the issues that you are extending in your article.
Commonly known as materials and methods, this section should include enough data so that your research can be replicated easily by an expert of your field, if you are using a previously known technique; you should state the name of the technique and if you are modifying and techniques you should give the necessary amendments that you have made. You should also state the type of data recorded its frequency and should also state any statistical method or software used in the analysis of your data. It is also advised to write the article in past tense as the research has already been conducted.
This section of your article should include a detailed account of the findings that have been recorded and author should provide a clear explanation of the findings, their significance and relevance. Raw data is rarely included in any scientific article so it is advised that you should analyze the data before hand and should represent it in form of graphs, charts or tables.
Discussion and Conclusion
In simple words this section describes what your research finding means. You should also interpret your results and give an account on its significance. You should also try to answer the hypothesis that led you to do the research on the first basis. Lastly your conclusions should be based on the findings and should have a logical explanation instead of making biased judgments.
You should make this section brief and should give the names of all the contributors that have helped you in conducting your research.
If you have any supplement raw data, video or any other documented evidence that you feel to share you should include that in the supplementary material or you can give the URL of the page from where the reader can download the content.
A research is mostly derives knowledge from the previous research that has already been made public and that has been tested over time, it is important to acknowledge any previously published work.
Reference list You should list the references as it appears in the text. The number of references should be limited to 60.
Section Headings or typography
Typography is one major component of the written form of communication and it is very important that you follow the prescribed format that is mentioned under this section
There can be three levels of headings
Level 1: Main heading
- Main heading should be Bold and all caps
- Heading should be numbered
- Font used should be Times New Roman (bold) and 12 points
Level 2: Sub heading
- Sub heading should be italics and should have a space between the main heading and the content
- It should also be numbered under the main heading
- Font used should be Times New Roman(italics) with 10 point
Level 3: Sub-sub heading
- It should be italics and should not have space between the content paragraph, but should have a space between the sub heading if the sub-sub heading is given directly under the sub heading.
- Font used should be Times New Roman(italics) with 10 points
Bullets can be used anywhere in the content, taking into consideration that the bullet size should be small.
Line spacing in the content should be 1.0
Colors and highlight
Font and text color should be black (Hex#000000) and highlights should not be used any where in the article.
Images, tables and graphs
Images, tables and graphs should be numbered and should always be mentioned whenever referencing to them in the article.
Review before submission process
Once your manuscript is ready for submission, we would suggest you to take a moment, ready our manuscript thoroughly and ensure that you haven’t missed something important either a finding or something in the method that you have followed. Reading your manuscript will help you in structuring your article better and will also help the reviewer to accept your manuscript without any problem or delay. We suggest you to make a check list like given below and follow:
- Is your manuscript complete in all aspect?
- Have you followed the format carefully?
- Is the quality of artwork satisfactory and properly placed?
- Are the references mentioned complete and lead to the journal directly?
We would also suggest you to communicate with your co-authors, supervisors and colleagues and ask for help if you are writing a manuscript for the first time.
Detail of submission process
Submitting your manuscript with Journal’s Pub is very easy and demands less time as compared to most of the publishers. Here we have made this process more interactive so that you do not feel neglected and can keep track of your manuscript easily. We have made online submission and review of manuscripts mandatory for all types of papers. When your manuscript has been prepared in accordance with the above instructions and you are ready to submit online.
Steps for submitting your manuscript:
- Go to website http://www.medical.celnet.in
- Locate the journal in which you would like to submit your manuscript
- Register in the journal and, then log on to the journal by entering the user id and password. or Directly click to submit the article and fill the form.
- On successful submission, an e-mail acknowledgement will be received to your registered email
- Subsequent correspondence should be routed via the Managing Editor, on the email id given in the about section of the journal.
During the process of summiting an article an author has to agree to the terms and conditions of the journal and have to agree to an Author’s declaration
- The undersigned author is the author of the article entitled “………” that has been submitted for publication to CMeKE.
- The idea that is presented in the article along with the thought content is original and is in support with the previous research work that has already been published.
- The submitted article maintain high standards of scientific research and of the journal in particular.
- The author declare that the article does not violate any intellectual property right and the author is not obligated by any copyright
- The article that has been submitted for publication has significance in the scientific community and society in general
- The article will demonstrate appropriateness in approach; experiment and techniques that are experimental, statistical or analytical.
- The result deduced after the experimentation are relevant and credible.
- The conclusion deduced is solely based on the data collected during the experiment and is not biased and unjust.
- The article is very well under the scope of the journal.
- Upon agreeing to this the author gives the publisher right to publish the article inappropriate format, and right to save its electronic format
- Authors should understand that the decision regarding the acceptance and rejection of the article depends on the editorial board and the decision of the editorial board would be considered final.
Further correspondence We at Journals Pub understand that getting a manuscript published is a big step for you and here we ensure that you do not face any difficulty in the process, for your ease we provide you with the e-mail id of the Managing Editor who will be available all the time to communicate with you to answer all your questions.
What we do at CMeKE
We at CMeKE will do whatever we can to get your manuscript published correctly and as quickly as possible, without making the publication process problematic and would ensure that we demand less time from you so that you can focus more on your research and leave the publication process to us.
- As soon as you submit your manuscript to us we provide you with a unique reference Id that will help you to communicate better with us and will also help you to track your manuscript.
- We check your article that has reached us is complete and also see if the artwork or illustrations are of good quality and clarity.
- Send corresponding author an acknowledgement e-mail stating the Reference Id
- At acceptance we send the corresponding author a Journal Publishing Agreement
- Here we make sure that your artwork is properly added and is at the right place.
- When the completed article is ready, it is copyedited in the format of our journal and structured for the online publication. Here the artwork, tables and graphs are sized according to the requirement of the format and proof is generated for your final review.
- CMeKE makes available the final camera ready copy of your manuscript to the principal author responsible for correspondence, for final proof review. No changes in the accepted thought-contents are allowed at this stage. The Authors should note that the ultimate responsibility for ensuring the accuracy, inclusion of up-to-date suggested revisions rests upon them.
- It is highly unlikely that there would be mistakes in your manuscript but still we make sure that there should not be a scope for error, for this we send your manuscript to copyeditors; they are selected based on the area being edited, they look for mechanical mistakes in spelling, grammar and punctuations. Copyeditors are not experts so they may alter the meaning of your text, hence we suggest you to read your manuscript carefully and look for mistakes if any.
- We correct any mistakes identified by you on the proof.
- Give the corresponding author intimation of the publication
- Send the final copy to printer
- Distribute the journal to our subscribers
Author’s access to the journal articles
- Journal allows free access to its corresponding author for the period of three months in which the author can view and download all the published articles in that particular Journal.
- Hard copy compilation of all the Journals is also available at the end of the year to all the authors at nominal prices.
All articles submitted to us are subjected to stringent reviewing process for considering a manuscript for publication. These submitted manuscripts are edited by acknowledged experts in their respective fields the reviewer is assigned by the journal editor. Editor can decide whether to not to send a manuscript for review and handle the review process by themselves
- To ensure that only good quality research is published, reviewer determines the originality, and significance of work.
- If appropriate reviewers sometimes suggest minor alterations in the manuscript or research, and if the article fails in the terms of originality and validity reviewer have the right to reject the articles.
What do reviewers do?
Reviewers are generally scientists or academician who have colossal experience in their fields and have acknowledged themselves as experts of the subject. What a reviewer does is recommend the editor of the journal to accept the manuscript, accept with modification or reject the manuscript. For their assessment they have stringent guidelines that make certain that only a good quality manuscript is published, they also have an editorial form and a checklist to help them evaluate the content for its authenticity and closely look at the methodology that you have adopted, they also check for the structure of the manuscript and if you have referenced the articles correctly. Based on these stringent guidelines they recommend the editor to publish the manuscript.
Type of Reviewers
Single Blind Review
Identity of the author is not disclosed to the reviewer
Double Blind Review
Identity of reviewer and author are undisclosed to each other
Both author and reviewer are known
Word of caution
By publishing your article with us, you enter into a legal agreement with CELS and accept the terms and agreement of publishing with us and it’s the responsibility of an author to act ethically and in a sound manner. We at CMeKE are dedicated to protect the rights of an author; we make it certain that your work is solely credited to your name. We would suggest you to go through and understand the terms and conditions carefully
Certifications, Copyrights, Reproductions & Permissions
- It is the responsibility of the author to check for the copyright and ownership issues related to the content published in the article and if such content do appear in the article it is the duty of the author to obtain permission from the copyright or ownership holder, also the content should be properly credited.
- Submission of manuscript to the journal also implies that the author has given contribution in materializing the research.
Transfer of Copyright
- To facilitate the transfer of Copyright, a Declaration and Copyright Transfer Form is provided on the website of the journal and a sample form is also available in annexure I and II respectively.
- From authors, the copy of duly signed form(scanned copy or image should reach the publication management team within 48 hours of the final accepted copy of the manuscript for proof reading, the hard copy of the document should follow.
- If the publication management team does not receive the copy of your form timely the journal will hold the article publication in the target issue.
- The article submitted here is not been published anywhere else and is not under consideration in any other journal, if selected the article will be published with journal and will not be published anywhere else.
The value of publishing relies on everyone involved in behaving ethically and at CMeKE we are committed to uphold the integrity of work we publish.
- Before submitting of the manuscript for publication at the journal the author should be certain that it is free from any disputed and obligation, and do not violate any copyright or ownership issue.
- While determining the authorship, it should me made sure that all the researchers who have contributed in the article and in the embodiment of the article are graded as authors and their contribution should be acknowledged, also the primary authorship should be awarded to the researcher who is behind the idea of the research in the first place.
- Manuscript should include full affiliation of the institution and the authorship is a joint decision of all the authors and some co-authors who have contributed to a part of the article are also entitled for the full authorship of the article.
- Manuscripts that include trials on animals or human beings should include documentation of the proof of approval obtained by the ethical board.
Handling Cases of Misconduct
- No journal is competent to police such cases. We at CMeKE believe it the primary responsibility of the employer to check and train the researchers for the code of conduct.
- Journal do not have any legal intimacy to investigate in any matter related to scientific misconduct.
- However, Publication Management Team of the Journal may seek advice of the members of the editorial board, in case it is comes or brought to its notice, that the evidence of trust has been significantly compromised by the actions of the author or reviewer.
Plagiarism and Copyright Violations
- Plagiarism is copying of idea, thought and text of someone else without proper citation and presenting it as one’s own idea or thought work. It is the responsibility of the author to obtain permission of the previous author to reuse or republish his work.
- CMeKE uses software such as Viper, Plagiarism checker and copy scape to ensure that copy free content is accepted and published
- Authors should ensure that the manuscript that they are submitting are plagiarism free and all the citations are properly provided at the right place. It should also be noted that citation do not justify mass copying of content to which owner has the rights.
Other Important Information
The articles published in the journal is solely the embodied thought content of the authors and contributors, the article published in this journal do not necessarily reflect the views of the journal or the members of the editorial board or the publication team of the journal or of the institution to which the author is affiliated. The journal reserves full right to accept or reject a manuscript for publication, the decision taken by the editorial board or the publishing team would be final and no further clarification to the authors will be entertained. The journal is dedicated to follow the time limit strictly and will try to clear the manuscript within 1-3 months, however further delays owing to a number of reasons including the preference of the reviewers on selection and processing of the manuscript is not the responsibility of the journal.
Authors may request for the withdrawal of the manuscript, within a period of 7 days with effect from the date of submission of the manuscript, and no withdrawal will be entertained after the manuscript is put in review process of the journal. Journal holds no obligation to communicate with the author in case of delayed if any in review process or publication of the manuscript, however the status of the manuscript publication can be disclosed to the author in some cases but the decision of such discloser depends upon the managing editor of the journal. Journal cannot be accounted for any loss or consequences that might occur owing the use of the content of the journal.